Sunday, April 23, 2017

J’accuse…!

J’accuse…!

CONTACT: Chuck Morse ….. (617) 271-5044 ….. chuckmorse4@gmail.com

After a 20-year hiatus I recently returned, like Rip van Winkle, to the airwaves of WMFO, the College radio station of Tufts University. The difference between then and now is like day and night.

Back then the predominately liberal students I met were fearless and open minded. They enjoyed raucous and ribald on-air debate. My guests back then included such liberal luminaries as Noam Chomsky, the late Howard Zinn, Gloria Steinem and Barney Frank.

20 years later the proverbial rocks are flying as college newspaper makes ugly charges such as “racist” and “Islamophobe” in an article that puts me under the
microscope. I’ve been notified by the station management that I am being monitored by the College thought police bias office.

The students today seem docile and cowed and I don’t blame them. Why stick your neck out or even allow oneself to think independently when your parents are paying upwards of $60 Grand a year? Why risk running afoul of the of vaguely defined speech codes as defined by Tufts the Orwellian titled Declaration of freedom of Expression?

What is happening to me at Tufts is a microcosm of what happens when the authoritarian oriented left takes the cultural high-ground and implements cult-like  group think often devoid of reality or genuine moral and ethical standards. This constitutes a significant rip in the fabric of free discourse and the American social contract.

Please feel free to contact me to set up an interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home